quarta-feira, novembro 18, 2009

This is the new rant

What's about to happen is all related to the fact that I'm most certainly going to end up old and alone without having meet someone about whom I can say "Gee, that guy/gal really knew me well.."
All my life I've been labeled as the "quiet guy"...always up in his little world of fantasies, never saying a word to anyone....just a silly little boy that hasn't got a clue of what's what. Because of that, the only "compliment" I manage to squeeze out of members of the opposite sex is "You're a really mysterious person...no one knows what you're thinking!" and then they smile in a way that makes me believe they truly believe they're giving me a good reason to be happy.
Why should I feel good about being mysterious? What exactly do I have to gain from it? Actually, I know how being mysterious strikes some people as being interesting but I honestly fail to grasp what good that brings me...

Being a shy/introverted guy, who would rather tear my own eyes out (sorry about the bloody detail) than to show the slightest hint of emotions, gaining the confidence to openly talk with someone, and let them meet the real me, is something that I can only do after spending some time with that person. But that's the problem! No one, anywhere, has the patience to actually get to know me. It's all talk, talk, talk...The statement "People are drawn to you because of your mysterious nature...they feel the desire to find out more about you!" is nothing more than bullshit.
I can't say I blame them though. I'd probably do the same thing.

Another thing that bothers me a little bit is when someone says I'm always calm and cool about everything, like, completely stress-proof. I'm not good at dealing with stress, at least not better than most people, and I probably worry about the most silly things...What I'm good at, very good at that, is bottling everything deep inside and pretend that everything is OK when it's not. So you can probably guess why it pisses me off to see pissing little ingrates messing up their relationships because of some stupid reason they were able to conjure in their minds and they never really realize how lucky they are to have someone who cares. Meanwhile I'm left here, writing in this stupid blog that no one reads, wallowing in self pity, dealing with all this shit by myself.

So that's why I'm probably going to end up and old-bitter-pessimistic man, alone and forgotten by most people. At least I'll take some solace in knowing the few that do remember me, will have good memories to think about... And don't you dare say the usually "You'll meet the right girl someday, You just have to wait." crap. It will do me a lot of good to be in my 80's and thinking "I can finnaly start a family. I'm sure well be very happy!" :|
This concludes the rant.

Sem comentários: